IP FILTER PLUGIN
Generally, access to the courses in the Moodle LMS is authenticated by permission to users. However, many business organizations from Aviation, Healthcare, Financial services, and several others require that courses should be accessible only to the users of their specific customer organizations. One of the secure ways to achieve this is by filtering courses based on specific IP addresses. As a default feature, Moodle permits full blocking of the users based on IP at Login stage. However, the need may arise where you may like to Allow or Deny access only at Course level while allowing users to continue to Login in the system without getting offended.
PAL InfoCom Technologies has developed a Block to ALLOW OR RESTRICT access to the specific Courses to users on the basis of their IP Address. The user organization IP addresses are mapped to the courses by the LMS Super-Admin.
- Increased Security: If the user is coming from a different IP, the course will not accessible leading to increased security.
- No External Access: Using this module, course material & activities will be accessible on institution’s devices only.
- Keep Customers Happy: If you fully disable the user even from logging, it may sound offensive and you may end up loosing a hard-earned customer. However, using our block, your customer will continue to login to the site but may gain or loose access to the courses, as configured.
- Control: The plugin empowers Super Admin to resrtict the access to a specific IP range, if the subscription payment has not been realized at any time.
- Fully under control of LMS Admin.
- Ability to Deny or Allow specific IPs.
- Setup multiple IPs or IPs range.
- Flexibility to Enable or Disable the restrictions any time for any period.
- Compatible with 3.x Moodle versions.
Structure and compatability
- Tested for its compatibility with Moodle 3.x & Totara.
- Built as a Plugin, so upgrade friendly.
- Follows the Moodle backend structure.
- Free upgrades for 1 year.
- Free Tech Support to Install & configure it.
- Additional customization on request possible.