By now, all of us understand the GDPR regulation has been established by THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION for the data protection of all individuals of European countries. This regulation becomes enforceable on 25 May 2018. This Regulation is intended to contribute to the accomplishment of an area of freedom, security and justice for each individual.
Moodle GDPR Compliance
The Moodle team has been focused on Implementing functionality in Moodle to assist sites with compliance to the new European data privacy regulations of GDPR.
A Quick Overview On How To Get Your Moodle GDPR Compliant
- Displaying all required privacy statements
- Establishing a process for consenting minors
- Capturing and recording each specific consent given by a user
- Ability to retrieve all user data on Moodle
- Ability to erase all identifiable user data on Moodle
- Ability to modify user data
Moodle 3.5 GDPR Compliant Features
- Onboarding of new users, including; age and location check to identify minors, versioning of privacy policies and the tracking of user consents;
- Handling of subject access requests and erasure requests and maintaining a data registry.