There are various concerned aspects before you develop an eLearning course. It should be noted Custom eLearning course designing is complicated and fine thing because if any mistake goes anywhere then entire effort will be just a waste and nothing more. You should prepare a list of do’s in advance so that overall process should be very effective and informative. You should be sure about the objectives of the course in advance before proceeding forward:
- Be sure in advance about cost and time needed. Have you analyzed various concerned constraints?
- Have you checked about people who are going to use you course material?
- How clear you are with your course objectives?
- Have you checked consistency of course material?
- How you have architecture overall course?
- What about analysis reports, which are to be done in advance?
- Which model or theory you have used for course designing? RTM is a suggested one nowadays.
- How filtered used content is?
- What about giving practical touch to course, add graphics because this is crucial?
- How you have managed content between multimedia components?
- Have you preferred bullets over paragraphs?
It has been seen that people often get confused between aim and objective; it should be always considered that there should be clarity in advance so that you should not get confused later on. http://elearningindustry.com/how-to-write-aims-and-objectives-for-elearning-courses
Remember that putting filthy content and amalgamating with some graphics is not eLearning course development. If possible take help from any renowned professional who should be experienced in the eLearning course designing. It has been seen that many renowned companies use to have distinct team for the assessment of the project before their final delivery to the client. Gone are those days when companies use to finalize course without much advancement or quality assurance. If you are new guy in the eLearning course designing then you should follow the checklist, which has been given below:
- What are different parameters which have been used for the assessment process?
- How the testing process has been carried manually or through automated tools?
- What about assessment reports? Is there any team to check for the reports in company?
- What about quality grading for eLearning system?
- Assessment should be focused towards objective fulfillment so that there should be right withdrawal of results?
- What about feedbacks from the people who are going to use your course?
- What about uniqueness of content in the course?
There are many fine things which are needed to be addressed, one thing you should care that eventually what matter is the quality of content and its effectiveness on the people who are going to use it, there is no other thing that matters for the process? http://elearningindustry.com/level-4-training-evaluation http://elearningindustry.com/improving-the-training-resource-review-process
Eventually content is King so why you should be very clear with the content need not be explained? If you are week in terms of content then there is no chance of getting good results at all. Do through the checklist before eLearning course development so that your product should be perfect in terms of quality:
- Have you checked flow of content in the course? How course content has been arranged?
- What about content orientation system inside the course?
- How effective course is in its objective fulfillment?
- Reference should be properly quoted so that all readers should be sure about the material of the course.
- How is your approach in the course content friendly or professional?
- What about tone on the course content?
- Has there been any proofreader for the process?
- Have you checked grammatical error issues and other fine mistakes in English writing?
If we check overall process then one thing is quite clear resource of content is also crucial because eventually content matters. There are many factors which are crucial namely technology used structure of overall course, presentation of the course and learners’ experience. If content designing process is not good enough then it will go just in the drainage. We have also gone through various eLearning courses which are totally confusing and stressful for the learners so better avoid those types of courses. http://elearningindustry.com/8-ways-your-elearning-content-is-losing